Excel conversion creates unreadable all black cells

Forum for DBF Commander discussing.

Excel conversion creates unreadable all black cells

Postby somethingsimil » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:14 pm

Probably I'm doing something wrong.... When I convert from DBF to XLS, the result ends up with Excel cells with black background (unreadable).

Does this command look right?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DBFCommander\dbfcommander.exe" -e "E:\Reporting\Reports\SummaryFeeReport.dbf" "C:\Finance\Reports\SummaryFeeReport.XLS"

I'm using Excel 12, but I've been told it happens on other versions of Excel also.
somethingsimil

Re: Excel conversion creates unreadable all black cells

Postby somethingsimil » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:16 pm

Interestingly, only the data has a black background -- the column headers do not.
somethingsimil

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:36 pm

Please try to change the destination Excel file extension from XLS to XLSX. If the problem remains, please send a sample DBF file to support@elphsoft.com.
Best regards,
Oleg Zhechkov
Admin
Site Admin

Postby somethingsimil » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:05 pm

Setting it to XLSX creates the file, but Excel cannot open it - error message: "Excel Viewer cannot open the file <file> because the format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file."

If I then rename the file to XLS then it appears with the same black background cells as above. How does DBF commander know what destination format I want?
somethingsimil

Postby somethingsimil » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:52 pm

Just an update to anyone else reading this that Elphsoft confirmed they'd fix this issue in the next release.
somethingsimil

Return to DBF Commander Professional