Error while transfer data (picture)

Forum for DBF Commander discussing.

Error while transfer data (picture)

Postby 8542033 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:55 am

I use DBF Commander Professional.
I had some data in it, I exported it and then I uploaded that data to SqlServer, then I tried to import from SqlServer but I get an error in a field in my DBF table, which should have pictures and it's a General type field; it says that the 'field does not accept null values'.

If I export my data in the DBF table to SqlServer everything it's ok, but if I try to import that from SqlServer I get the warning/error message.

If I manipulate my DBF table one record at a time it makes no difference when I leave that field empty and the software can read and write to the table perfectly.

Am I doing something wrong? What can I do?

Thanks.-
Attachments
Error.jpg
Error
Error.jpg (8.52 KiB) Viewed 21733 times

Re: Error while transfer data (picture)

Postby Admin » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:04 am

Hi there! Sorry for the late answer.

What is the DBF file type of your destination file: Visual FoxPro or dBase? You can view/change it at the 'File -> Structure' dialog. Please ensure that your DBF file has FoxPro type and the PS_FOTO field does accept NULLs, then try again.
Best regards,
Oleg Zhechkov
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error while transfer data (picture)

Postby 8542033 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi, sorry for my late answer too...

The file is a Visual FoxPro file type and as to accepting NULL values, I thought about doing that, but I didn't want to change the original structure of the file, considering the software could have a malfunction.

Since I used the 'Generate SQL Scripts...' option, I guessed the software could recieve what it made itself... the refered field was created as 'ps_foto Varbinary(50) NULL', anyway, I took your solution, I marked the field to accept null values and everything worked fine... thanks!

Return to DBF Commander Professional