Feature Request - ctrl-c copy function from data grid

Forum for DBF Commander discussing.

Feature Request - ctrl-c copy function from data grid

Postby somethingsimil » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Many sysadmins will frequently need to SQL a little data, like a mini report, and then send the information to managers. I do this several times per day. It is a bit tedious to have to export to XLS, find the file and attach it to an email.

Preferably, I could simply the data right out of the data grid similar to what I do on TOAD. It can either default to comma separated or tab, I don't care - anything is better than exporting each time, even when I only want a couple columns/rows of data.
somethingsimil

Re: Feature Request - ctrl-c copy function from data grid

Postby Admin » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:09 am

The Copy (Ctrl+C) command is available for selected cell copying. To copy the whole record, use Copy Record command of the grid context menu.
Best regards,
Oleg Zhechkov
Admin
Site Admin

Postby somethingsimil » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:57 pm

One record at a time takes forever while even a small data result. I mean a copy that will take the result (up to a reasonable limit of ~50 rows).

Maybe a simpler solution would allow me to simply highlight multiple cells and paste as CSV or Tab del?

TOAD handles it very elegantly, but I doubt we need all the features they provide. A simple copy-paste multi rows to CSV will do.
somethingsimil

Postby Admin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:33 am

Ok, thanks for your mind. We'll discuss it.
Best regards,
Oleg Zhechkov
Admin
Site Admin

Return to DBF Commander Professional