Multiple instances

Forum for DBF Commander discussing.

Multiple instances

Postby me2 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:03 pm

First of all, when I open dbf-file from Explorer, DBF Commander opens a new instance. It will be good, if user can change this behaviour: open files in existing instance or create new process.

Bug: When I close all instances of application, a last instance will show an error ("failed to set data for 'Path1'"; "unable to write log file" and etc.)
me2

Re: Multiple instances

Postby Support » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:07 am

1. Yeah, it looks like this facility woulb be useful. That will be added to the next release of DBF Commander Professional. Smth like check box at Options dialog window "Open new files in existing instance"
2. Is this under Windows 7? What is your version of DBF Commander? The "unable to write log file" bug was fixed a long time ago.
Feel free to ask a question - I'll try to help in anyway!
Support

Postby Admin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:53 pm

me2 wrote:First of all, when I open dbf-file from Explorer, DBF Commander opens a new instance.

Also, for now you can to drag selected DBF files from Explorer to the existing instance of DBF Commander and drop it there.
Best regards,
Oleg Zhechkov
Admin
Site Admin

Postby me2 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:45 pm

How to reproduce this bug:

1. download KLADR
2. open these files: kladr, doma, street
3. in taskbar click 'Close all windows'

Windows 7 x64 HP SP1 [RTM], DBF Commander 1.1 [build 25]

Hardware: Intel Core Quad Q9500, 8Gb RAM
Attachments
error.png
error.png (109.1 KiB) Viewed 30579 times
me2

Postby Support » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:45 am

Thanks.
This error occurs when every instance of DBF Commander tries to save the SQL commands log file. Your log-file size is a several Mb, thats why it cannot be saved in a moment. So, while one of instances saves the log, another instance cannot access to the file, since the file is being used by first instance process.

This issue will be fixed in the next release of DBF Commander Professional. But for now, you can avoid this exception if you'll decrease size of the log file. Delete a part (or all of them) of SQL commands from the SQL panel.
Feel free to ask a question - I'll try to help in anyway!
Support

Return to DBF Commander Professional